15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

So that was January...

34

What has so far passed of this year has seen me trying to be more organised with how I read - that doesn't necessarily extend to what I choose to read (because that usually involves me gauging my mood and grabbing...) but to the records I keep of what I read. Also, I joined a couple of challenges for this year so thought it would be a handy idea to keep a log of whether I'm doing ok or not...


First up, some numbers!


Complete books read: 4


Pages read: 1443


All of these four books were written by female authors and only one was a book that could be considered a 'classic' - poor show! The specimens were:


Soulless by Gail Carriger;
Changeless by Gail Carriger;
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier; and
Enchanted No More by Robin D. Owens.

Men v. Women: I again realised recently that I manage to read way more fiction penned by women than I do by men. I'm kind of trying to rectify that in the interests of diversity but I hadn't noticed before and I'm enjoying what I do read so it isn't a huge concern to me. Plus, I'm currently reading a book by a man so it's a start...


eBook v. Paper: I've read three paperbacks so far this year and only one eBook - probably an inaccurate representation of my general habits but possibly rooted in my partaking in the TBR Dare. Most of the books I have been hoarding to date have been paperbacks so to read from my current stash involves "regressing" to the paperback. I'm intrigued to see how this will pan out this year...
Challenges


The TBR Dare: To only read books bought pre-January 2011 until Spring - so far I've stuck to it and haven't bought any books or downloaded any library eBooks so far this year. This is TOUGH!! But I feel very virtuous and sensible for reading things I own so it's ok :)


The TBR Pile challenge: Kind of similar in aim to the TBR Dare, this is another challenge that forces me to look at my shelves and call of those who have been sitting there too long. This month I read one of my twelve nominated books, Rebecca, and really enjoyed - showing just how much I'm probably missing by overlooking the books that have been in my collection the longest!

I hope you all had a fabulous start to the year!!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38