15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In My Mailbox (and Inbox) #1

34
Until recently, my book-buying habits have been fairly sporadic; I'd go weeks, sometimes months, without buying anything and would then binge terribly.  It was fairly simply achieved by ignoring Kobo/Waterstones/Amazon emails in my inbox and denying their shiny offers and by not going into bookshops.  It might seem like a fate worse than death to some of you but it was the only way I could keep myself on the straight and narrow!  

Since I discovered Google Reader on my iPhone, that's all changed.  I've been browsing all the fantastic blogs that I follow regularly and it's become almost impossible to ignore those books that get raved about all over other blogs, the glowing reviews of books I know that I would love and the all-round book-buying craving.  

The result?  A much more consistent pattern of book acquisition.  Consistent enough, even, that I can probably give IMM a fair attempt!  "Every cloud..." and all that.  

SO this week (or possibly a little bit of last week, because I get confused by time easily...), these little beauties lit up my doormat/inbox:

Amazon


As part of the 'Black Friday' fun and games, I bought my sister boxed sets of Maggie Stiefvater's The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy and Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series.  I have managed to convince nobody that there isn't a smidgen of self-interest in that present, since I haven't read any of them. 


Since that concluded my Christmas shopping for the year, I treated myself to The Woman in Black by Susan Hill and Dark Matter: A Ghost Story by Michelle Paver.  Obviously I'm going through a ghost kick!


From Hanna @ Booking in Heels

Since I read Hanna's reviews, I've seen Divergent by Veronica Roth popping all over surrounded by heaps of praise.  I went on a quest to bag myself a copy after a tip off that they were being sold in The Works for £1.99.  That trip was woefully unsuccessful.  Off I toddled to Waterstones, only to find that it was £9.99 in there.  I knew that the book was lauded as one of the best releases of the year (according to GoodReads...) but £9.99 was a few pounds too far for me.  

Since then, I received a lovely shiny copy in the post from Hanna @ Booking in Heels!  I know, Christmas come early, right?!  She is a book angel and I am in her debt.  

(Also, I've already read it.  It was AMAZING! Enough said, for now)

NetGalley


Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennett because it's nearly Christmas and a re-telling of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol is just the ticket and Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder because I read and really enjoyed her Study series and Glass series last year.  

General eBook purchases (i.e. I can't remember where from, exactly :-s)

These have all (pretty much) come about as a result of GoodReads' recommendations page.  It is my nemesis.  




 So that's a pretty heft In My Mailbox from me - what's been dropping onto your doormat this week?!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38