15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #3

34
So, it's Monday again already!  After a weekend away in Edinburgh, 6am seemed to come horrendously quickly this morning.  Sad though that may be, it being Monday does mean that I can share my past, current and future reads in Book Journey's 'It's Monday! What Are You Reading?' so it could be worse :)  It's been a couple of weeks so it'll be nice to check in on some new blogs and see what everyone's reading!

What have I read during the past week?  My nerdy book-tracking spreadsheet tells me that I've actually been reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini since 2 November - that's pretty much two weeks!  It felt like a long time but not quite that long.  As that suggests, I found the first half of the book quite hard going, which was a combination of being busy at work and characters doing too much travelling and hiding secrets and not enough action.

As I mentioned, though, I did go to Edinburgh over the weekend and spent a total of about six hours on trains and managed to break through the walking and talking part of the book into the action and talking part of the book and am enjoying it much more now.  I'm not about to run straight out and get the second in the series, Eldest, but I will probably get to it at some point.  

What am I reading at the moment?  I have about 50 pages or so left of Eragon so, unbelievably, I'm still reading that...




What am I planning on reading this week?  I have both Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi and Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks vying for my attention this week.  What I think it's ultimately going to come down to is what the weather and my temperament are like when I finally finish Eragon.  If it's gloomy and I'm tired, the assassins are going to win the day; if it's remotely bright and/or I'm feeling alert, it'll be hidden treasures and family mystery.  A slightly frivolous approach to choosing books maybe but there you have it :)


Upcoming Reviews:  Despite apparently not having done much reading for the past couple of weeks, I do still have these books to review over the next couple of weeks:  

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks (which I loved)
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (which I also enjoyed)
The Inquisitor's Apprentice by Chris Moriarty (which I wasn't that keen on)
The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde (which was surprisingly funny)

So what have you been reading?  What treats will be gracing your bedside table this week?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38