15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The 2012 TBR Challenge: Sign-up Post

34
Last December, I eagerly signed up for the 2011 TBR Challenge, hosted by Adam at Roof Beam Reader.  As I posted a few weeks ago, I wasn't too successful!  I managed a paltry 4 out of the 12 books on my list before I got distracted.

To temper the shame, I figured I would give it another try.  All 4 of the books that I finally read as part of the 2011 challenge were fantastic and I just know that there must be a ton of other hidden gems lurking on my shelves.

SO what's the challenge about?
The Goal:  To finally read 12 books from your "to be read" pile (within 12 months)
Specifics:  Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or "To Be Read" list for AT LEAST one full year.  This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2011 or later (any book published in the year 2010 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile - [Adam] WILL be checking publication dates).  Caveat:  Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the "can't get through" pile


For more of the rules and the part where you SIGN UP - click here

My choices for 2012 are:  

1.  The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams
2.  The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
3.  Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
4.  The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
5.  The Boy I Love by Marion Husband
6.  The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson
7.  Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
8.   Dark Angel by Sally Beauman
9.  A Changed Man by Francine Prose
10.  December by Elizabeth H. Wainthrop
11.  The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
12.  Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann

A couple of these are reappearances from last year but I suppose that just means that they've been hanging around that little bit longer.  The vast majority have moved house with me at least twice, meaning they have been in my company since at least 2009.  It's more than past time I let them see some action!

Here's to hoping my attempt for 2012 goes better than my woeful try in 2011!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38