15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #4

34
Monday the 5th of December?!  Are you kidding?  I just don't know where the end of this year is going and it is actually nearly Christmas!  I'm sure you've noticed.

This weekend saw the first snow of this winter too, which means that I'm also finally feeling festive!

Anyway, festive or not, we're back for another Monday to share what we have, are and are about to read with Sheila @ BookJourney



What have I read during the past week?  

I feel as though I've been reading at a good pace recently.  Perhaps that's because I've been reading slightly shorter books.  Who knows?  With the dark sweeping in earlier and earlier and the weather getting worse, I've been more than happy to curl up under a blanket and read my evenings away.  Lovely stuff!

This week I read Maria V. Synder's Touch of Power and loved it (review here).  I wasn't surprised to like it but I was kind of relieved that it didn't turn out to be the book that ruined a great run for the author.  I can't wait for the next one!

I also read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet which was strange.  I really liked the introduction of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson as characters but wasn't overly fond of the Wild West interlude.  Review up soon, hopefully.  


What am I reading now?


I'm about 60 pages into Susan Hill's The Woman in Black.  I've heard a lot of great things about this and so far, I like it.  There's a lot of ominous fog and a lot of mysterious locals making cryptic comments.  Perfect for a snowy/windy couple of days.

I'm surprising myself with how much of a ghost story kick I'm on since I'm usually a horrendous wimp.  Enjoying it while it lasts :)



What am I planning on reading next?  

I actually have no idea!  Recently, I've just been finishing books at grabbing at whatever's nearby or whatever I'm in the mood for. 

That said, I think maybe Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn because I just keep coming across reviews that tell me how brilliant the whole series is and it feels like a while since I've read any kind of historical fiction.  

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38