15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #5

34

How is it already the last Monday of January? The first month of 2012 has been a mixed one here in the LitAddictedBrit household. The team I work in is down a couple of staff members at the moment so this January has seen 3 of us doing the work of 5. Brilliant for my career, shocking for my social, reading and blogging lives. 

Work dreariness aside, this is time to share what we have, are and are about to read with Sheila @ BookJourney!

Reading wise, it's also been mixed and, seeing as I've not been able to do an 'It's Monday' post yet this year, I'm going the blur the lines a little bit and catch you all up on what I've been reading so far this year.  

What have I read during the past (few) week(s)?

The first month has been a bit of a slow one reading wise, for which I've already made my excuses!  I've only managed three books so far...


Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Pure by Julianna Baggott
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

I flew into the new year with Percy Jackson and absolutely loved it.  When I was really young, I had a beautifully illustrated book of Greek myths that I adored.  Percy Jackson reminded me why I was so in love with mythology and I'll definitely be reading more of the series soon.  

Pure was certainly gritty and Baggott clearly had some fantastic ideas.  The actual reading of it though was hard week and it took me a couple of weeks to get through.  I found myself relieved when I'd finished it so I guess that's not a great sign.  

Darkfever is the first in the five part Fever series.  I saw a lot of reviews of the final instalment when it came out last year and was curious.  It turned out to be a quick, snappy read but had some aspects I wasn't wholly convinced by.  I probably will hunt down the later books through my local library but probably won't be storming my nearest bookshop for them.

What am I reading now?

About a week ago, I decided that enough was enough and it was long past time I started The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.  This year I'm determined to read more classics and I was in danger of passing a month without reading even one.  I'm just shy of 200 pages in to this one now and LOVE it.  I know that a lot of people have said it but it's very easy to read for a story originally published in 1844 and I can't wait to read more, even if it is making me pine for Italy!

What am I planning on reading this week?

At 1,276 pages, I'm fairly sure that The Count of Monte Cristo will be keeping me occupied for at least the next week.  Plenty more adventure to come :)


I hope you've all had great reading starts to the year and a good week!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38