15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In My Mailbox #5

34
My actual plan for today was to make up for having been pretty quiet over the past few weeks and write some reviews and generally catch up and be productive.  But then I went to a 'Daffodils and Diamonds' Ball with some people from work last night and might have over-indulged a little, rendering my productivity levels for today somewhat less than high.  

So instead of a review of Before I Go To Sleep by S.J.Watson, you get to nosy at what I've acquired this week, courtesy of In My Mailbox as hosted by The Story Siren!  You lucky things.  

On Friday night, Boyfriend went out and I had the house to myself.  It was a long week at work so I was really in the mood for cuddling up with a book for a while.  I've been struggling with the book I've been reading so on a whim decided that I'd hit the Waterstones eBook store for something to read.  Because obviously walking all the way upstairs to get something off my shelves would have been too much...

I ended up with these:


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

I had a quick nosy at the first few pages of Attachments and then somehow ended up 100 pages in and with a warm, fuzzy feeling in my tummy.  It's a wonderful, lovely, funny book so far.  The Book of Blood and Shadow has been lauded as a YA Da Vinci Code and *cough*I-liked-The-Da-Vinci-Code*cough*.  Whether it is or it isn't, I've read some great reviews so I'm excited about it. 

I also got an email yesterday morning to tell me that My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent had been returned to my library's eBook site and I've just downloaded it and am EXCITED by it's very presence.  No doubt it'll be my next read.

So that's this week...

(It actually has just occurred to me that I also got Catching Fire and Mockingjay since my last IMM post too but since that was a couple of weeks ago now, I feel a bit like it would be cheating to include them too! Obviously it won't be long until I succumb to their lure...)



What's in your mailbox this week?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38