15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Random Reads #1: The Resurrectionist by James Bradley

34
Random Reads

Hosted by I'm Loving Books but I spotted it when Hanna at Booking In Heels joined in.  


Want to play?  Yes, you do.  Here's how:  

  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (below).
  5. Read and be merry.
If you’re not on Goodreads just pick a random book from your list in whatever way you want to do it. You can use the method I used above or even just close your eyes and point randomly at a book on your bookshelf if you want (spin the bottle style).

Th
e idea is beautifully simple but perfect for me because I am horrendously easily distracted by new shiny books and led astray by positive reviews of books that I then must read as soon as possible.  I have shelves upstairs with books I've owned for years but never read.  I have eBooks that I uploaded when I first got it and haven't got round to reading it.  I could do with suppressing my inclination toward those books dancing in front of my face and abandoning myself to the whims of Random.org.

I actually think that I might do this every month and try to whittle down my list of books that are being sorely neglected.  But then I often think that about new, exciting things and then get distracted or forget.

April's winner is...



The Resurrectionist by James Bradley

I bought this in a charity shop last December and it actually looks pretty good but I know that it still would have been unread by this December if it wasn't for this.  It looks kind of gothic and sinister so I'm thinking (hoping) that it will be great for a rainy April evening.

Labels:

35 36 37 38