15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #8

34
A Monday recap, courtesy of BookJourney
It's amazing how much difference it makes having one extra day tagged on to the end of your weekend!  This Monday was obviously a lot more relaxing than being at work and it's been horribly gloomy so I've been curled up in a corner most of the day, catching up on some reading.  It's been lovely!  Plenty of home-made mochas, plenty of snacks and plenty of pages got through.  Plus, only a four day week to go back to!  The world is indeed a good place.

So on to the good stuff...




What have I been reading this week?

Last weekend, I was falling asleep into my book for what felt like the hundredth time and realised that I actually didn't care one tiny bit about what was going on.  I'd made it to about the 150 page mark out of 497 and made the decision to call it a day.  It just wasn't for me AT ALL and it was taking me forever to get through. As soon as I put it to one side, I felt excited about all of the books that I could get to now that I'd ditched it and it was brilliant.

So I've read like a demon all week, just grabbing at whatever I fancied and feeling all giddy about it.  I finally got to City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, which I've been I've sort of wanted to read for ages but for some reason never picked up. I'm still not 100% of how I feel about it, though. I enjoyed it, I think, but the ending was just...disconcerting.  I've a sneaky suspicion that it isn't what it seems but I don't think the rest of the series and me will get on that well until that particular plotline goes far, far away.  Very far away indeed.  

Then I ploughed on to The Keep by Jennifer Egan, which I've had out from the library for AGES but kept not getting to.  I loved it.  I can see that it won't be for everyone but I thought it was just fabulous.  I'm looking forward to reviewing it too because it was wonderfully complex and it'll be challenging.  I'll take that back within about 5 minutes of starting to try to review it, I know.  


What am I reading now?  

I'm about 100 pages into Forgotten by Cat Patrick. About a girl that can't remember her past but can remember glimpses of her future.  Lots of time-bending brain-muddling aspects but fun to read all the same.  I'll probably get through most of it this evening while it continues to rain and be gross and I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out for London Lane (even if her name is odd...).




What am I planning on reading this week?

I had one of those fabulous trips to the library on Monday where you just find loads of books just sitting there that you've been meaning to get for ages.  Forgotten was one of them and the remaining options are:  


 Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

I also got a touch over-excited on Waterstones' website when I noticed that their eBook prices seemed to have become a lot more reasonable all of a sudden.  So actually, I'm more likely than not going to end up reading one of these because I am excited to have them ready to go! Stupidly excited...


 The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

At the moment, I want to read everything all at once.  My reading mojo is BACK! :)

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38