15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #11

34
Join the fun at Book Journey
Eight days until Christmas, friends.  EIGHT DAYS!  While that does mean lots of festive treats and seasonal frivolity, it does also mean less reading time.  Between buying and wrapping Christmas presents, writing Christmas cards, attending Christmas parties and events and trying to get ahead at work before we have two weeks off, there's not been a huge amount of time to spare.  Still, I can't complain - I'm a huge Christmas fan.  My computer at work is shrouded in tinsel and I love choosing the perfect Christmas presents for friends and family. 

All of the joviality aside, I have of course made my way through some pages...


What have I been reading?

I started 11.22.63 by Stephen King just over a week ago and have been trying to cram pages into every available moment ever since.  It's clever, full of political and historical details that I like to think mean I'm learning while I'm reading (despite the fact that I have no idea which parts are fact and which are fiction...) and also manages to be a gripping read at the same time.  

What am I reading now?

Still 11.22.63 by Stephen King, although that's obviously no bad thing.  It is every bit as good as everybody has been telling me it is (and by everybody, I mostly mean Hanna).  I'm actually rapidly approaching the end, which has me both super eager to keep on reading but also sad that it won't be too long before I have to leave behind characters that I have spent so much time with.  There will be tears, I know it...

What will I be reading next?

I've been mumbling on about it for quite a long time now but I'm pretty sure now that the time for reading John Saturnall's Feast by Lawrence Norfolk is nearly here.  Really, though, I'm seriously looking forward to it.  The opening paragraph of the synopsis on GoodReads says:  "1625. In the remote village of Buckland, a mob chants of witchcraft and John Sandall and his mother are running for their lives. Taking refuge among the trees of Buccla's Wood, John's mother opens her book and begins to tell her son of an ancient Feast kept in secret down the generations. But as the rich dishes rise from the pages, the ground beneath them freezes. That winter John's mother dies".  Yes, I'm excited too.  

If I'm in the mood for a quick fix before getting stuck into another historical fiction, I may well sneak in 1.4 by Mike Lancaster.  I wolfed down the first in the series not long ago (and reviewed it here) and really want to see where the story goes next.

As always, it's your turn!  What have you been reading?  What are you reading right this very moment?  What are you reading next?  SHARE!  :)

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38