15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books 7.0: The Updates

34
Bout of Books

Want to check and see if I'm sticking to my Bout of Books goals? Head here.

It feels kind of like I've been waiting forever for this read-a-thon and it's HERE!  I've picked out some books that I've been reading for a while so it'll be nice to spend the week focussed on them.  This is where I'll be keeping my updates for Monday 13th to Friday 17th May, as well as tweeting about my progress on Twitter (@LitAddictedBrit).

Monday 13th May

Pages read today: (as at 8.00pm) 43 pages
Total pages read so far:  43 pages
Total books read so far:  Part of The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Thoughts from Day 1 of the Read-A-Thon:  The Immortal Rules was a good place to start. It's been *ages* since I read a book about vampires but even so it's kind of refreshing to read one with BAD vampires.  The nasty, stalking about in the darkness, predatory kind of vampires.

Good book though it may be, I just haven't had much time to read yet because I was bombed out at work.  I knew I was going to be though so at least I don't feel disappointed!  I read a bit on my train to and from work but nothing much more yet.  I was supposed to be going out for sushi this evening with some friends from work but a couple of them couldn't go so we deferred until next week. Does it make me a bad person that part of me thought, "Yey! Pyjamas and my book!"? Maybe.  Regardless, even though it's now only 8.21pm, I'm heading off to bed to get some reading in before I fall asleep :-/

Tuesday 14th May

Pages read today:  (as at 9.53pm) 154 pages
Total pages read so far:  197 pages
Total books read so far:  Part of The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Thoughts from Day 2 of the Read-A-Thon:  Ok, so I didn't *quite* get to my book last night as planned. I logged off as planned but then Boyfriend suggested watching a bit of Criminal Minds (which we only just discovered on LoveFilm and is GOOD) so I did that instead and then fell asleep.  Best laid plans and blah, blah, blah...ANYway, today has been MUCH better in page terms.

I got on the bus to work this morning at 7.30 aaaand proceeded to sit on the bus for 90 minutes while it *crawled* through traffic to where I work.  That's 90 minutes to cover about 6 miles (ish).  Not great, admittedly, but I did read plenty in that time so it could have been worse!  I was pretty busy at work so time re-sped back up.  Never fear! I turned up slightly early for a doctor's appointment at 5.40...and got called in at 6.15.  Sure, there are more comfortable places to read than a leather chair of questionable hygiene but a chair is a chair and read I did.  So yes, mostly the world has sought to inconvenience me but I have thwarted it by reading in its FACE! Hurrah for Bout of Books! :)

See you tomorrow fellow read-a-thoners!


Wednesday 15th May

Pages read today:  167 pages
Total pages read so far:  364 pages
Total books read so far:  1 and a bit (The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa; part of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins)

I was actually so busy reading the end of The Immortal Rules that I'm writing this on Thursday...not super efficient and organised but I did finish my first read-a-thon book so I'm still a happy (if quiet) bout-of-booker!

Thursday 16th May

Pages read today:  (as at 8.48pm)  58 pages
Total pages read so far:  422 pages
Total books read so far:  Still 1 and a bit (The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa; part of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins)

So I *finally* started the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy!  I obviously haven't read very much yet so I can't say if I like it as much as the first but I do still like it.  I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the Gale v Peeta thing that's developing but I like the whole revolution thing so hopefully that'll balance out.  Also, with this one I have no idea what to expect, which is fun.  The Hunger Games obviously lit up the blogosphere in a massive way so by the time I did read it, I knew which characters lots of readers seemed to love and which I was probably going to end up hating. I still loved it but it's nice to be reading Catching Fire with an element of surprise.  Time-wise, I haven't done particularly well today.  One of the solicitors in my team is on holiday at the moment so I'm doing my work and her work and it doesn't leave much time for eating lunch, never mind reading during lunch!  Thank GOODNESS it's Friday tomorrow...:)


Friday 17th May

Pages read today:  109 pages 
Total pages read so far:  531 pages
Total books read so far:  About 1 and a half (The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa; about half of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins)

I didn't get chance to post yesterday because we had a big completion going down at work but I got through a good chunk of Catching Fire while commuting and before I fell asleep in the evening!  

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38