15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dewey Read-A-Thon Hours 6 to 10: 19.00 to 23.00

34
I think that maybe my focus is waning :|  I was making some really good progress earlier today but I've not read a great deal since my last update.  I *have*, however, had a lovely dinner considering that most of my spices and herbs are all boxed up ready for our impending move, had a couple of glasses of very nice red wine and (here's the main distraction culprit) caught up on the two episodes of Downton Abbey that Boyfriend and I missed while we were away on holiday.  I could of course have left that until tomorrow evening when I wasn't read-a-thon-ing but Boyfriend suggested it and I am not strong enough to resist the lure of Downton.  Not even nearly.  Even though it breaks my heart regularly.

STILL, I did a bit of reading so let's talk about that...

Hours 6 to 10: 19:00 - 23:00
Total pages read: 196
Hours spent reading: I've definitely lost track of this now...
Hours since last sleep: A very grown up 12 and a half, thank you very much!
Books finished: 0 (Two thirds of one sounds better...)
Beverage count: 2 mugs of coffee, 2 mugs of peppermint tea and 2 glasses of red wine

To prove I know how to
snack properly...
Wow - that really wasn't a good spell for me!  The snacks were good, though...the picture looks like I've gone insane and started eating the world.  I've actually only had a handful of midget gems and the few squares of Dairy Milk that I was able to snaffle before Boyfriend ate the rest.

So I'm really only checking in because I did a "long blink" thing a little while ago where I was "resting my eyes" like an old lady and figured I should write something before I go and read in bed.  And by "read in bed", I obviously mean read about 10 pages before I succumb to sleep.  

Boyfriend is actually going into work tomorrow morning, though, so I'll have the house to myself for a couple of hours before I need to hop into the city for a late lunch with Boyfriend's parents.  I'm pretty sure that I'll use that time to bolster my lacking page count but I could also decide to go for a run and start to get back in shape after being on holiday for a fortnight...I have a 10k in about a month that I really want to get a good time in and I'm worried that my training (such as it is...) will have been thrown way off by two weeks of consuming too much generally.  But maybe that's a concern for another day and tomorrow morning should be for the read-a-thon?  I CAN'T DECIDE!

What I do know, however, is that Bellman & Black is terrific.  It's quietly ominous rather than out and out scary and I love that.  It's running hot on the heels of the also superb Dark Places by Gillian Flynn so I'm enjoying its subtlety at the moment!

If I fall asleep soon, GOOD LUCK to the read-a-thoners that are bravely facing the night - I am in awe of you and am sending page-turning thoughts your way!

SEE YOU IN THE MORNING, FRIENDS! 

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38