15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The End of the Year Read-A-Thon: Sign-up

34

Fine, I'll admit it - when it comes to blog events that my blog friends are taking part in, I have no resistance and am weak and suggestible.  If Hanna, Ellie, Katie and Bex have signed up to this read-a-thon, it must be a Good Thing and I have no real choice but to tag along.

The End of the Year Read-a-thon is the genius idea of Jenny and Dana and is a relaxed affair kicking off on 9th December and wrapping up on 22nd December.  Two weeks of reading, blogging and tweeting while the nights get chillier and darker and generally perfect for reading in?  No brainer.

Aside from making sure I keep up with the A Tale of Two Cities read-along that Bex is hosting and that I signed up for earlier this week, my goals for the read-a-thon will be to get through some eBooks.  I currently have a Sony eReader (Colin) but he's three years or so old and is getting a little slow and has crashed once or twice recently, which is not the best.  I have asked for a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas (because I'm sorry but Kindle books are the cheapest eBooks and I am not made of money, sadly) and I want to get some of the books that I own ePub format read before the Kindle arrives (hopefully) and I get distracted by having a new gadget to play with.  (Sorry, Colin!).

Top of the list at the moment (which will almost certainly change before and/or during the read-a-thon):



There's no way I'll get through all of these but I'd like to read at least two in addition to A Tale of Two Cities.

I'd like to take part in a few of the challenges too and generally get caught up on some blogging.  I'll be posting about my efforts and tweeting as @LitAddictedBrit using the hashtag #ReadingCram.

Want to get some reading done before the mince pies, turkey, mulled wine and general Christmas merriment absorb your every waking minute?  SIGN UP HERE!

Labels:

35 36 37 38