15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books 11: Over-Ambitious Goal Making Time

34
Bout of Books
What would a read-a-thon be without setting myself some ludicrous goals?!  I very briefly pondered being sensible but then I decided that just because I'm now 28 (ugh), there's no need to behave completely like a grown up.  I'm hoping for a slightly quieter week at work and on one of the evenings Boyfriend is away for work so I am as optimistic as ever about my read-a-thon abilities.

The only thing I am going to be a bit less optimistic about is my ability to fit in reading and challenge posts.  I like the challenges and might try to squeeze in a couple of the shorter ones but I'm mainly going to focus on reading and just keeping track of my progress and chit-chatting instead of getting too creative.  I only get a few hours at home in the evening usually so I kind of have to be selective.

Let's get cracking.

Goal 1:  Finish listening to The Golem and the Djinni and make some headway on Blackbird House

Audiobooks have sort of saved my reading life this year and I'm enjoying pootling to and from work with a story playing more than I thought I would.  I had to take a break in the middle of The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker because I didn't get it listened to within the 21 days I was given on my first loan so I really want to get through the last 20% or so before I have to join the hold queue again.  Next up on my audio agenda is Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman so I want to get a good chunk of that listened to aswell.  Maybe even finish it.  

Goal 2:  Finish reading The Girl from the Well and read at least one other book, hopefully two

I have a killer "to read" pile owing to the boundless kindness and ever spot on book choices of Hanna (Parasite by Mira Grant, The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo, Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz and Wool by Hugh Howey) and the adorable packaging skills and equally spot on book choice of Katie (Every Day by David Levithan).  I am always amazed by the generosity and loveliness of the friends I've made through my garbled book wafflings and this birthday was no exception. I suspect that I also owe thanks to some other wonderful people but sadly Amazon decided that it wanted to deliver things from my wishlist to my old house (despite knowing full well that I have moved and managing perfectly well to take my money using an accurate billing address) and the current residents of that house are currently away (I think...either that or they don't want to answer the door to me).  When they return/I get even more impatient, I will be bashing their door down and lavishing any required thanks when I can!  The error was corrected on Thursday (I hope!) and I tracked down Hanna's at the house of one of my former sort-of-neighbours so all will be well :)  ANYway, I'm using my birthday treats as my pile of next reads because they all look too good to be put away until later.  I'm not sure about The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco at the moment so Bout of Books will be the kick that I need to get into it properly and get it finished.  The tricky question is: what to read out of that pile first?!

Goal 3:  Post two reviews

I dread to think how far behind I am with reviews but I have two drafts that just need tidying up so I want to do that and get them posted during this week.  Shouldn't be too hard!

Goal 4:  Update the blog with stats daily

That might seem an easy one but I work pretty long hours so it's not quite the breeze that it sounds.  I tend to be out of the house for at least 12 hours a day (and at least 13 if I go for a run too) so getting time to both read and write about reading is not that common an occurrence.  This week, priorities will be a-shifting to fit both in and I'm definitely looking forward to it.  

Let's DO this! Are your goals as delightfully unachievable as mine?  Am I the only one failing utterly to make a decision about what to read?  

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38