15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Things That Made Me Happy This Week #1

34
Confession time: I haven't finished a book since we got back from Italy in May.  It's been a busy time at work and it turns out that being a bridesmaid twice over the space of one season is pretty time-consuming.  Between the hen dos, dress fittings and favour making sessions and a more than full time job, there's not been much time for anything else.  And that's without counting the half marathon training and the fact that I'm currently carrying what feels like a million "summer cold" germs and a kilo of phlegm.  I know.  Attractive.  What I'm saying is that I'm exhausted, I'm ill and I have no time to call my own and it's becoming harder and harder to take note of the moments that are happy-making.  That sounds melo-dramatic.  I'm ok.  I'm just tired and I'm begrudging of the fact that I have no time to just sit down and read a book.  Time to remind myself of the things that I have done that have made me happy.

The brain child of the ever wonderful Ellie Lit Nerd, whose blog is one of the best out there.

Bundobust, Leeds
1.  Trying out a new restaurant.  I'm a huge food geek and I love getting to try new restaurants.  This weekend, Boyfriend and I made some time to visit a craft beer and Indian street food bar in Leeds that was a lot of fun.  The food is exclusively vegetarian, which was something new for two staunch carnivores, and we had six small dishes between the two of us so that we could try as much as possible.  Delicious.

2.  Taking a moment to cook for a friend.  One of the girls for whom I am bridesmaiding is my best friend.  Sure, the wedding stuff is driving me crazy but it was nice to send the boys off to the rugby (Boyfriend is the Best Man at the upcoming nuptials) and hang out, watching Clueless and cooking and eating Mexican food.

3.  Bookish gifts.  My job may be busy and it may have played no small part in my current germy condition but on Tuesday, my boss surprised me with a copy of Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee because we'd previously chatted about the impending release and I was obviously looking sorry for myself.  It was a lovely gesture and one that I really, really appreciated.  People can be good.

4.  Planning. It's my birthday in a little under a month and we have a trip to London planned and then we're going to Singapore and Malaysia in September as an advance celebration of Boyfriend's 30th birthday.  Both are finally close enough that we can see the light at the end of the wedding tunnel and start to plan the places that we want to go to and the things we want to see and do.  The September trip in particular has felt like a long time coming and I can't wait.

5.  My Midori.  I wasn't sure how I'd settle into planning and journalling and reviewing note-taking in one place but I love it.  Absolutely adore it.  One month in and I carry it everywhere and am really getting used to it as my go to accessory.  It has my diary in it, kraft pockets that I can stuff things into until I get the time to write about them, little double sided sticky things that I can use to stick in restaurant cards and cinema tickets and what-not so that I can note down things without having to write too much and the paper quality of the "real" Midori notebooks is outstanding.  Journalling helps me clear out my brain and keep my thoughts more ordered.  I get to focus more on what I'm doing and less on what I'm trying not to forget.  It's the best and I can't wait to take it on holiday with me.

Let's #sharethehappy! 

Labels:

35 36 37 38